Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Am Ashamed...Please Unmask Me!!!


OK, I don't know who this guy is, but he has got it right. I have been a O's fan since my dad took me to my first game when I was 4. Cal Ripken, Eddie Murray, Rick Dempsey, Surhoff, Weaver, Singleton, they were all were heroes of mine. What a great franchise we used to be.

Then, after Angelos got then team, somehow we went farther south than spring training! I am not pointing any fingers at Angelos, but...well, yeah, I am. He ruined my team. He ruined a perennial contender. And worst of all, he ruined "The Oriole Way!"

Now, I still bleed orange. I still go to Camden Yards and Join the Bird in spelling O-R-I-O-L-E-S. I am still that fanboy who at the onset of every season, really truely convinces hiself "They have a chance this season." But now, I am finally tired of the franchise calling us the #1 fans in baseball, but treating us like #2.

Give me back a winner! Give me back the post season! Give me back "The Oriole Way!" And please give me back my pride in Baltimore baseball.

So my plea to Angelos, Trembly and McPhail...Please Unmask me!!! Let me show the worl that I am proud to be a baseball fan. I do not need a World Series, I just want a winner again.

..and, you know, what is really sad, is that even if the O's lose 100 games, I will be back next year...Like i said, I bleed orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment